Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Week 23; an April Fool, me

I made myself a cunning disguise!
First I sculpted it from air-drying clay:
Then I vacuum-molded plastic over it:


Then I cut it out:
And for the final step I painted it with acrylic paints.
Then I took it to the Sacramento Steampunk Society meeting and took pictures of all the attendees (and the owner of the Karma Cafe) wearing it.
Speaking of which, since neither my father nor Admiral Macabre were in attendance this week it fell to me to make our April Fool's Day meeting interesting.  So I replaced our regular "Steampunk Meetup" sign with this one:
I also had everyone fill out Steampunk "Census Forms" in lieu of a sign-in sheet.  I think they found it amusing rather than tedious, so, mission accomplished!  Also I printed out ten forms and we had exactly ten people at the meeting, so hurrah for my estimating skillz!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the best things ever! It totally made my day!

    ReplyDelete