Search This Blog

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Week 1 done!

Factors working against me: 1.We didn't get home from Steam-Con until 1am Tuesday morning.  2.  It's Halloween week, which means I had to make a costume too!  3. I had trouble forcing myself to get out of bed because it was freezing cold in my room.  Of course, once I did, the sunlight streaming into every other room in the house was much warmer than my THREE BLANKETS + FLANNEL SHEETS.  WTP.
Factors working for me: I had bought the materials for a LOTR elf costume a while back, but before I started working on it, my dad asked me to dress steampunk instead in an attempt to recruit members for a local Steampunk Society. So I threw this together:
I used a plastic shopping bag full of stuffing for the bustle.
Results: I finished my Thing of the Week about 11pm on Saturday.  I made a pair of gogglies similar to the ones I made for myself last week.



For comparison purposes: the top pair is mine, and the bottom pair is my Steampunk Thing of the Week (which is for sale at the Steamtopia Etsy Shop).
Also: This didn't get done in time to count as a Bonus Steampunk Thing of the Week, but about 15 minutes after midnight I finished this:

A while ago I got sick of having so many white socks and decided to do something about it. So I'm hand-painting them all with different patterns. This way I don't even have to worry about finding a matching pair!

1 comment: