Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

Week 9, there wasn't much time

Factors working against me:  I really only had Saturday to work because I was up until 5:00 Christmas morning finishing the last of the 17 presents I was making for my nine cousins, their four spouses, my mom, my aunt, my grandpa, and one extra because I miscounted (which ended up going to a family on the receiving end of the 12 days of Christmas).  Here are the few I managed to photograph:



My lovely cousin Sarah wearing her earrings.


My lovely cousin-in-law (is that a word?) Nicole wearing her earrings.

My lovely aunt Rebecca with her earrings (which I need to convert to clips).

These earrings belong to my lovely cousin Crystal.  They also need to be converted to clips and mailed back to her.

My lovely (if somewhat blurry) cousin Melody with her earrings.

My lovely mother (who I photographed from much too close and at an unflattering angle, for which I apologize) with her dragon ornament.  I also made her matching baby dragon earrings.

The extra ornament which ended up being left on a porch (I wrapped it pretty first) as the 9th day of Christmas' ding-dong dash gift.  I made 9 ornaments, thinking I would give them to my 9 cousins, then had the bright idea of giving the girls similar earrings instead.
Factors working for me: I had thought sufficiently far ahead to make sure I packed some extra jewelry-making supplies so that I would be able to make a Steampunk Thing.  Also, we each received mini sewing kits in our stockings, so I didn't even have to ask to borrow a needle and thread.
Results: FAILURE.  Considering I started about 11:45 Saturday night, I actually made some pretty good progress.  I started to make a choker by sewing findings onto a fancy ribbon, but as it is still claspless I cannot claim to have completed the Thing within the week.  I would photograph it, but I am still separated from a lot of stuff post vacation (I went to my dad's house, my luggage went to my mom's).  Which also makes it difficult to complete all this stuff I'm behind on.

No comments:

Post a Comment