Search This Blog

Friday, December 11, 2009

Week 4 - is there more?

Factors working against me: I had to finish last week's Thing before working on this week's.  Since that took almost six days (okay, I wasn't working on it that whole time.  I went on a shopping spree on Sunday and then I had a kajillion new craft supplies to organize), I basically only had Friday night and Saturday.  And Saturday was my mom's birthday.
Factors working for me: I'd been craving snickerdoodles every night but decided if I was going to make them, I should make them Friday night so my mom would have birthday cookies.  And half the fun of making snickerdoodles is doing fun shapes (the other half is snitching the raw dough, which is not recommended because it contains eggs, but it tastes so good it's impossible to resist).
Results:

One gear-shaped cookie.  (I did try to make another one, but it didn't work.)  Admittedly it's a bit of a cop-out, but at least I finished on time.  Also, it was delicious.  Here's the entire batch:
Here's a closeup of some special birthday shapes.  There's a cake, a candle, and the number 53.
You can also see a crescent moon, a square, and an upside-down heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment