Search This Blog

Friday, December 11, 2009

Week 7 got turned up to eleven

Factors working against me: I wanted to take it to the Sacramento Steampunk Society Meetup on Wednesday, which meant I only had half a week.
Factors working for me:  I was pretty motivated to make the meetup cool since it was the first one and we wanted people to keep coming.
Results:  I made a letterhead for note-taking.  My dad saw it and asked me to do something similar to his sign-in chart, so I did that too.  I had everything printed up by 3:30 Wednesday morning, which makes this the earliest completion yet by far.
Bonus:  The Thing was actually just the note paper, so bonus #1 is the Guestbook pages.  Bonus #2 is something that occurred to me later in the day Wednesday after I woke up: a table sign to let people know where the Steampunks were, in case they couldn't tell by looking for people in costume.  Here's a photo of everything:
We ended up putting the sign in a fancy picture frame (which I had to glue because the back was falling off):
I'm also making some Christmas presents, so I haven't had time to finish the Things from weeks 5 and 6, which are racking up some SERIOUS overtime.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a photo of the framed sign and thought it very elegant!

    ReplyDelete